I posted this on my Facebook profile. I’ve been nagged and tagged by all kinds of friends to participate in this 25 Things meme. The rule is I have to post 25 things about me. I did. Here they are:
1. I eat my meat medium rare
2. I’m an avid gamer (if you call actually playing my Xbox 360 less than once every other week “avid”)
3. I have the largest non-political blog in the DC Metro
4. I’m still self-conscious around people from high school
5. I am a beer snob, but I understand my genetic propensities so I do so carefully
6. My doctor tells me I need to eat right, sleep better and lose the stress. My room mate calls it the “Prime Directive”
7. I am anti-religion, but pro-faith. My faith is inline with the traditional Christian faith, but do not consider myself “Evangelical” due to my perception of incompatibility between modern “Evangelical Christianity” and Jesus’ two commands “Love the Lord Your God with all your heart, mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself”. Evangelical Christianity, as a political force, seems to miss the second command altogether.
8. My favorite cities in America are Boston, New York and San Francisco.
9. I see Obama as someone who can restore American faith in the Office of the President: Much like Lincoln, FDR, Kennedy and Reagan did.
10. I am a fan of the Dragonlance books. Very teenagerish, but the stories are rich. If I were any of the Heroes of the Lance, I would be Raistlin: Intelligent, self serving and with a bit of an evil streak. Sue me. At least I’m honest. :-)
11. My 5 year old son makes me extremely proud. :-)
12. I can’t wait to go on my next trip, whenever that will be.
13. Everyone thinks I’m a marketer. Maybe because I don’t confuse communicating with an industry.
14. My favorite past time is photography. You can see my best work at http://photos.aaronbrazell.com
15. Someday I’ll learn how to golf.
16. I went to 8 schools growing up
17. I’ve lived in Africa. CNN reported on the Rwandan refugee crisis in the early 90s from my back yard in the Democratic Republic of Congo, on the border with Rwanda.
18. The last time I “worked in an office” was in 2006
19. I remember the panic on people’s face at the government agency I worked at on September 11, 2001.
20. I remember the panic I experienced when the Gulf War bombing began. I was 12.
21. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up or where I will be in 10 years. Don’t ask.
22. I am a World War II history buff
23. I own a 2001 Ford Taurus that is holding up, despite the fact that I abuse it
24. I am not impressed with celebrity – major or minor.
25. I own a Seagull acoustic guitar and a PRS electric.